Airsoft Addict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Addict

Forum for airsoft fanatics

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barack Obama honours Bruce Springsteen at White House

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Barack Obama honours Bruce Springsteen at White House Empty
PostSubject: Barack Obama honours Bruce Springsteen at White House   Barack Obama honours Bruce Springsteen at White House I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 am

Sharon Stone and Jack Black discuss the stars who were honoured on the red carpet

John Mellencamp, Jennifer Nettles, Melissa Etheridge and Sting all sang Springsteen tracks at the event.

The show will air on 29 December in the US on the CBS channel.

Meryl Streep made a tribute to her friend De Niro: "He did what I and my drama school friends dreamed of - to disappear and morph into a (character)", she said.

The pair starred together in The Deer Hunter more than thirty years ago.

Singer Aretha Franklin recounted highlights of Bumbry's career.

Bumbry, 72, was the first black opera singer to appear at Germany's Wagner festival, Bayreuth, when she was 25.

Many conservative opera-goers were outraged but by the end of the performance, the audience applauded for 30 minutes and there were 42 curtain calls.

Jack Black paid tribute to Brooks with a rendition of Men in Tights and Harry Connick Jr sang High Anxiety.

Last year's honours went to Morgan Freeman, The Who stars Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey, as well as singer Barbra Streisand.

sfp module
web design belfast
Back to top Go down

Barack Obama honours Bruce Springsteen at White House
Page 1 of 1