Airsoft Addict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Addict

Forum for airsoft fanatics

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Passing interest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Passing interest Empty
PostSubject: Passing interest   Passing interest I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 am

Still, if that veto succeeded, it would be open to the UK government to revive the clarity clause as a full-scale bill, potentially defying any further attempt by the Scottish government to challenge their mandate.

At this stage, Scottish ministers are rather inclined to say: "You can't fool me. There ain't no clarity clause."

They suspect, with some justice, that UK ministers are at least partly trying to draw responses from others: specifically, to bring Labour out to play on the side of the union, in compact with the UK government; and to oblige Mr Salmond to offer concessions on timing and content.

But, beyond that, the UK government notes that Scottish independence would not solely impact upon Scotland.

It would have consequences for the rest of the UK - and that, consequently, they argue that Her Majesty's UK ministers are entitled, indeed obliged, to take a passing interest in the topic.

Things remain rather fluid for now.

Each side is trying to blame the other. It's like Groucho passing over the restaurant bill to Margaret Dumont: "Nine dollars and forty cents! That's an outrage! If I were you, I wouldn't pay it!"

Box Doccia
RO-120
Back to top Go down

Passing interest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Addict :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: