Airsoft Addict
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Addict

Forum for airsoft fanatics

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alex Attwood to launch SDLP leadership bid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Alex Attwood to launch SDLP leadership bid Empty
PostSubject: Alex Attwood to launch SDLP leadership bid   Alex Attwood to launch SDLP leadership bid I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 am

Alex Attwood Alex Attwood said he had a "substantial record of delivery" in the political arena
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

* McDonnell wants 'radical' change
* Rodgers endorses SDLP candidate
* SDLP's McGlone 'expected role'

SDLP leadership contender Alex Attwood has said there is a "major opportunity ahead" for the party.

The environment minister will launch his campaign at the Stormont Hotel on Tuesday afternoon.

Speaking ahead of the launch, he said he had a "substantial record of delivery" in the political arena.

"I believe that I have been tested and proven and I have the authority, toughness, judgement and creativity to lead the SDLP forward," he said.

Mr Attwood said the party's political opponents appeared to be in charge, but did not know what to do on "either building a shared society or delivering the economic progress that is so desperately needed."

"The road ahead for the next party leader is about much more than restructuring and reorganising the party.

"It is about reasserting the very political authority of the SDLP, so that we can complete the unfinished work of a new north and the unfulfilled vision of a new Ireland."

Mr Attwood is up against Alasdair McDonnell, Patsy McGlone and Conall McDevitt in the leadership contest which will take place at the party conference in November.

houses for sale in california
Grundbuchauszug
Back to top Go down

Alex Attwood to launch SDLP leadership bid
Page 1 of 1